What Parents Should Know About Birth Injury Lawsuits
The birth of a child should be a happy time, but in some cases substandard medical care can leave a child with serious injuries that lead to lasting medical problems. As a parent, there are a few things you should know about birth injuries, your rights, and filing a lawsuit for such conditions:
- Birth injuries do not only happen because of negligence or malpractice during labor or delivery. Medical malpractice during pregnancy can lead to serious birth injuries, such as a failure to diagnose preeclampsia or gestational diabetes. It is important to consider every aspect of medical care you received during and after pregnancy to determine whether malpractice was the cause of your child’s injuries.
- Birth injury lawsuits are notoriously complex, but there is hope. While it is true that birth injury cases are highly technical in nature and difficult to prove, with the right strategy and sufficient resources, you can pursue the financial compensation you need for your child’s care. The Sanders Firm has the skill, resources, and personnel to properly handle birth injury claims, and we fight tirelessly for the results our clients deserve.
- You should consider your child’s entire future. In coming forward with a birth injury lawsuit, you should have a plan in place for your child’s care for the rest of his or her life. Our experts can help you with this, to determine exactly what your child will need, and for how long. The goal should be to maximize your recovery so you can always provide for your child’s needs.
- Do not wait too long to take legal action. As soon as you become aware of a birth injury, you should talk to an attorney. Every state, including New York, has a statute of limitations in place on birth injury lawsuits. If you wait too long to file, you could lose your right to pursue compensation. We recommend calling our firm as soon as possible to discuss your options and rights.
- You do not have to pay any out-of-pocket fees, and you pay nothing unless we win. At The Sanders Firm, we handle birth injury lawsuits on a contingent fee basis. This means that you do not forward any costs or pay anything unless we secure a settlement or award on your behalf. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by involving our Long Island birth injury attorneys.
Interested in learning more? Give us a call at (516) 209-2502.